Friday, March 23, 2007

Goodbye Germany...

It took hours to get all the stuff in the two backpacks. One for the climbing gear, another for everything else. Thirty eight kilos providing me with anything that might possibly be of use during my stay abroad.


Well equipped with good advice from my parents and grandparents (yawn) I left beloved Deining on Friday 23rd of March at three o’clock in the morning, together with my twin brother Andi. It was snowing like hell on our way to Munich airport (amazing, after two snowflakes during the entire winter…), without any help from snow ploughs in sight, so we ended up creeping and sliding the 150 kilometers there.

Despite all the problems we arrived well on time, which might surprise most of my friends… Miia, the Finnish snow angel, was already there to say goodbye, and we had loads of fun at the airport’s playground before checking in.


During my stop over in London Heathrow I found a nice pub where I had some pints in memory of the grand times I spent in London doing my internship, together with Säsch and Base. Prices didn’t change, though.

A couple of hours later I boarded the connection flight to Mexico City. Thank you, British Airways, for the incredibly terrible food! I was never a friend of the English cuisine, but the crap they offered on the flight was really disgusting. Only the certainty to get some delicious tacos, tortas, sopes, tamales, gringas, carne asada, gorditas, tostadas, pozole… very shortly avoided a major incident on the plane.

A friendly Mexican couple was sitting next to me, their immense body volume impeding to find a comfortable seating position and making it almost impossible to go to the bathroom. While sleeping, my neighbor kept on switching channels and turning up and down the volume of the board entertainment system with his elbow. Luckily the coffee he poured all over himself didn’t end up on my pants…

3 comments:

krystel said...

hola lagartija hermosa:

me gusto mucho tu forma de contar las cosas a tus amigos y las fotos que pusiste estan super chidas.

de ver la comida me volvío a dar hambre juajuajuajua.

bueno hijo diviertete en el norte y espero que la pases chido escalando y con la gente que conozcas.

tratare de revisar seguido tu pinche espacio para saber de ti.

te quiero un chingo y todo fue mamalón juajuajua

krystel:. la oza

Anonymous said...

orele cabron!

Lass es krachen da unten, so wie wir es gewohnt sind von dir :-)

Pura Vida und bis irgendwann!

Börni

MIIUKKA said...

Hi Stefan! :)

Thank you for the nice goodbyes in the airport, i had sooo much fun there!! :)(..like always with you)

Enjoy your time there in Mexico; lots of tacos, tequila, beach, parties, rock climbing...but don't forget your thesis! :P *hih*

Try to keep your blog updated, so i know that you are okey there. Ok? ..and it's also nice to see some pictures. :)

Take care yourself and have fun! I'm missing you a lot!!

Lots of hugs & kisses! <3

Miia :)
"the Finnish snow angel"